1) Winter tyres are NOT SNOW TYRES One of the most common reasons we hear as to why winter tyres aren't needed in the UK is because we don't get enough snow. Winter tyres are designed to be more effective than regular tyres in any temperature under 7c (44f) on any type of road. Cold weather tyres are designed with a larger percentage of natural rubber and silica in the compound which doesn't harden up as much as synthetic rubber in cold conditions.
2) Winter tyres really work Tirerack tested the Bridgestone Blizzak WS60 winter tyre against the Bridgestone RE050A ultra high performance summer tyre in icy conditions. From just 10mph the winter tyre stopped in 6.4 metres, while the summer tyre needed more than twice the distance to stop at over 14 metres. Imagine the difference from 30 mph.
3) Winter tyres could save you money Modern cars have big alloys and expensive wide low profile tyres. Once the small outlay of a set of steel rims has been made, winter tyres are often cheaper because of their smaller size. While you're driving on winter tyres, your not wearing out your expensive summer tyres, thus saving you money.
4) ABS doesn't stop your car any quicker Another false-truth we hear alot is winter tyres aren't needed thanks to ABS. ABS was designed to allow steering control to be retained while in an emergency situation and will not stop you any quicker in low grip situations.
5) Winter tyres are not as comfortable as summer tyres Yet another myth is a loss of ride comfort, or extra noise thanks to winter tyres. The truth is modern winter tyres are as every bit as comfortable as summer tyres, sometimes more so thanks to an increased profile.
6) Avoiding other people on the road The number of accidents caused by wet conditions increases in winter by 267%. Give yourself a chance of avoiding someone else's incident by fitting winter tyres.
7) Cars have changed It's no secret modern cars have gained a little weight, in fact a MK5 Golf is almost twice the weight of a MK1 Golf. With all that extra weight comes added inertia when trying to change directions or slow down, which gives the tyres much more work to do. To compound the problem many more cars are coming with overly wide sports tyres which have even less chance of slowing the big heavy car.
Helps to eliminate vibration, gives a smoother ride, evens out tyre wear and increases the life of your tyres Wheel balancing is included with all tyre purchases at A2 Tyres, including our mobile fitting service.
Wheel alignment problems can be caused by hitting a kerb, driving into a pothole in the road or by excessive wear to steering or suspension components. A2 Tyres offer a complete 4 wheel alignment.
A2 Tyres carry out tyres puncture repairs to British Standards. These are defined limits to the location, size and number of repair. A2 Tyres can repair your tyre at our workshop, your home or workplace.
Servicing proactively maintains your car, reducing the risk of a breakdown. Servicing can help maintain your cars value. At A2 Tyres we provide a range of affordable service packages to suit your needs.
MOT and Servicing
Did you know that A2 Tyres now offer MOT testing, and servicing for all makes and models of Car and Van. Please contact us for a quotation and availability
Mobile Tyre Fitting
A2 Tyre Supplies offer mobile tyre fitting at your home, place of work or at the roadside. We cover all of Kent (Gillingham, Chatham, Maidstone, Rochester, Sittingbourne, Sheerness, Dartford and more!). Please visit our Buy Tyres Online page. Simply choose your tyres and when you want them fitted. We will do the rest.